The Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program is funded by the Saint Francis Foundation and the Saint Francis Auxiliary for the 2019 fall semester. Saint Francis Foundation offers 22 scholarships of up to $2,000 each annually to students pursuing a healthcare career. Students may receive one scholarship per year for a maximum of two years.
- Students must have successfully completed one year as a student in an accredited healthcare program and be currently enrolled.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students’ mailing address as indicated on the application must be within the Saint Francis Service Area.
- Students must submit a fully completed application and all required documentation by 5 pm on June 20, 2019. Applications received after this deadline will be considered ineligible.
Required documentation (to accompany application):
- Most recent official college transcript.
- Letter of verification of current enrollment in a professional curriculum as a student of an accredited healthcare program. Must include accrediting agency in letter.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (one academic, one personal).
- Response to essay question found on application.
- A scholarship selection committee will review all applications and score the essay (one third of total score).
- All applicants will be notified in July 2019 by mail if they are selected to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarship recipient checks will be made payable to the college as indicated on the application.
All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, handicap or veteran status.
– OR –
2019 Scholarship Committee Members
- Debbie Balsano, Auxiliary
- Norman Glaus, Foundation Board Emeritus
- Dori Lage, Foundation Board Emeritus
- Stephanie Nanney, SF Colleague, Former Recipient
- Maurice Sandfort, Healthcare System Board Emeritus
- Becky Swoboda, Human Resources Colleague