The Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program is funded by the Saint Francis Foundation and the Saint Francis Auxiliary for the 2018 fall semester. Saint Francis Foundation offers 23 scholarships of up to $2,000 each annually to students pursuing a healthcare career. Students may receive one scholarship per year for a maximum of two years.
New this year! The Steven C. Bjelich Executive Scholarship is available for students pursuing a master’s degree in healthcare administration and awards a $5,000 per year scholarship for two years for a total of $10,000. One recipient is awarded this scholarship every two years.
- Students must have successfully completed one year as a student in an accredited healthcare program and be currently enrolled.
- Graduate students must be currently enrolled in a graduate program in Healthcare Administration.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students’ mailing address as indicated on the application must be within the Saint Francis Service Area (See Saint Francis Service Area Map).
- Students must submit a fully completed application and all required documentation by 5 pm on June 19, 2018. Applications received after this deadline will be considered ineligible.
Required documentation (to accompany application):
- A scholarship selection committee will review all applications and score the essay (one third of total score).
- All applicants will be notified in July 2018 by mail if they are selected to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarship recipient checks will be made payable to the college as indicated on the application.
All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, handicap or veteran status.
2018 Scholarship Committee Members
- Debbie Balsano, Foundation Board and Auxiliary member
- Dori Lage, Foundation Board Emeritus member
- Jessica Riley, Surgical Trauma Intensive Care
- Debbie Schumer, Nutrition Services
- Becky Swoboda, Human Resources
- Lori Wills, Scholarship Donor Family member