The Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program is funded by the Saint Francis Foundation and the Saint Francis Auxiliary for the 2021 fall semester. Saint Francis Foundation offers 22 scholarships of up to $2,000 each annually to students pursuing a healthcare career. The Steven C. Bjelich Executive Scholarship is available for students pursuing a master’s degree in healthcare administration and awards a $5,000 per year scholarship to one recipient every two years. Students may receive one scholarship per year for a maximum of two years.
The deadline to complete the 2021 online application form is 5 pm on July 16, 2021.
- Students must have successfully completed one year as a student in an accredited healthcare program and be currently enrolled.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students’ mailing address as indicated on the application must be within the Saint Francis Service Area.
- Students must submit a fully completed online application and all required documentation by the established deadline. Applications received after this deadline will be considered ineligible.
Required documentation (to accompany online application):
- Most recent official college transcript.
- Letter of verification of current enrollment in a professional curriculum as a student of an accredited healthcare program. Must include accrediting agency in letter.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (one academic, one personal).
- Response to essay question found on application: Patient safety is vital to healing and recovery. How does patient safety relate to your chosen field of study?
- A scholarship selection committee will review all online applications and score the essay (one third of total score).
- All applicants will be notified by August 17, 2021 by email if they are selected to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarship recipient checks will be made payable to the college as indicated on the application.
All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, handicap or veteran status.
2019 Scholarship Committee Members
- Debbie Balsano, Auxiliary
- Norman Glaus, Foundation Board Emeritus
- Dori Lage, Foundation Board Emeritus
- Stephanie Nanney, SF Colleague, Former Recipient
- Maurice Sandfort, Healthcare System Board Emeritus
- Becky Swoboda, Human Resources Colleague