The Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program was created in 1980. The program is funded by Saint Francis Healthcare System Foundation and the Saint Francis Auxiliary. Since its inception, the program has provided more than $607,750 in education scholarships to college students in an effort to encourage participation in professional healthcare careers. Each August, the Foundation awards 23 scholarships of up to $2,000 each to students pursuing a healthcare career.
2016 Healthcare Scholarship Recipients
2017 Healthcare Scholarship Information
The application for the 2017 Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program has closed. If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation at 573-331-5133.
Check out all of the available Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarships.
- Students must have successfully completed one year as a student in an accredited healthcare program and be currently enrolled.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students may receive one scholarship per year for a maximum of two years.
- Students’ mailing address as indicated on the application must be within the Saint Francis Service Area. (See Saint Francis Service Area Map).
- Students must submit a fully completed application and all required documentation by 5 pm on June 19, 2017. Applications received after this deadline will be considered ineligible.
Required documentation (to accompany application):
- Most recent official college transcript.
- Letter of verification of current enrollment in a professional curriculum as a student of an accredited healthcare program. Must include accrediting agency in letter.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (one academic, one personal).
- Response to essay question found on application.
- A scholarship selection committee will review all applications and score the essay (one third of total score).
- All applicants will be notified in July if they are selected to receive a scholarship and checks will be made payable to the college as indicated on the application.
- A special check presentation is held in August at Saint Francis Medical Center, where scholarship winners will be recognized and receive their scholarship checks. It is strongly encouraged that scholarship recipients attend the special check presentation.
All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, handicap or veteran status.
The Scholarship Committee administers the Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship fund with oversight provided by Saint Francis Healthcare System Foundation.
The 2017 Committee consists of:
- Debbie Balsano, Auxiliary and Foundation Board Member
- Cheryl Mothes, Foundation Board Member
- Lisa Newcomer, Scholarship Donor Family Member
- Jessica Riley, Surgical Trauma Intensive Care
- Debra Schumer, Nutrition Services
- Becky Swoboda, Human Resources
- Danielle Torbet, Foundation Staff Liaison
Past Healthcare Scholarship Recipients
To see the 2016 scholarship recipients, click here.
To see the 2015 scholarship recipients, click here.