The third annual Friends Gala was held on Saturday, March 3, 2018, at Isle Casino Event Center in Cape Girardeau. The event featured:
- Live entertainment and dancing
- A delicious plated dinner and open bar
- A fabulous live auction and other fun activities
- The CancerCare fund helps cancer patients in financial need with essential services and supplies they cannot afford such as nutritional supplements, medicine, transportation, lodging and more.
- The CardiacCare fund assists Heart Hospital patients with cardiac rehabilitation, other necessary services and equipment they otherwise could not afford.
Saint Francis Friends Gala Raises over $320,000: Funds will be used to benefit patient-assistance and child-education programs
In March, the Saint Francis Healthcare System Foundation held their annual Friends Gala, garnering donations and pledges which now total more than $320,000.
Almost 400 attendees turned out for the third annual event, held at the Isle Casino Cape Girardeau, and with an initial fundraising goal of $200,000, the event proved to be even more successful than anticipated. The funds raised will finance three of the Saint Francis Foundation’s programs, the CardiacCare fund, the CancerCare fund and the GoNoodle Children’s fund.
The Friends’ CardiacCare funds provide essential help to patients facing cardiac rehabilitation by covering costs for necessary services and equipment that patients may otherwise be unable to afford. The CancerCare helps patients pay for a wide variety of needs, including nutritional supplements, medicine, transportation and lodging, depending on patients’ situation.
The GoNoodle Children’s fund provides access to curriculum that emphasizes movement and mindfulness through video content designed to stimulate children’s brains and bodies. The program serves nearly 35,000 students in 133 elementary schools across 14 Southeast Missouri counties.
The Friends of Saint Francis have already put some of the funds raised at the Gala to good use by donating nearly 1,200 “Hope Bags” containing items including journals, pens, blankets, water bottles, ChapStick, digital blood pressure cuffs and digital scales for patients in need.
To reserve your table for next year’s Friends Gala, please call 573-331-5133.